Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dec 5th Card sketch and new DT members!

Hello and welcome to Stuck on U Sketches! If this is your first visit here, we hope that you are inspired and will become a "regular." We have lots of exciting things happening! If you come every week, then we are especially grateful for your participation!! You have helped to make our challenge blog successful! This is going to be a bit of a long post, so grab a cup of something and enjoy .. 

Today is the first Wednesday in December (eeegads .. ?? December already??), so that means that today is our Card Reveal Day. And since this is the month of December, then there are probably lots of you crafters that are working on holiday cards, am I right? Soooo, here is your chance to use an Original SOUS sketch and join in the fun .. maybe even make the Top 3! 

Here is our Card Sketch this time made by our own Sandi Clarkson. So many possibilities! We can't wait to see your entries! 


Now, for some fun stuff! Before we show you what the DT has done with the sketch this time, we want to introduce you to our 4 new Card team designers. They have each written a bit about themselves.  


"Hi, my name is Kim and I've been scrapping for over 10 years but got more serious about it a few years ago. I was born and raised in the city and now live the simple life in rural MN .. one scrap at a time! My family is my joy and give me so many creative ideas! Mother to two amazing kids (who are my scrapbooking victims - ages 4 and 17 (and wife to an incredible guy, When my house is quiet and my kiddos are napping, you can most likely find me in my scrapping room! I'm so excited to be a part of the SOUS DT and look forward to seeing your projects!"

"Hi, I am Lizzy Crust. I am married and have 4 wonderful children. I fell in love with scrapbooking in 2006 and have enjoyed learning more and creating since then. Several years ago I discovered the whole new world of sites on the Internet. This year I have found a new love of making cards, challenges and then in August of 2010, I created  a blog to join in with card challenges along the way. I am excited to be joining this team and hope to make mane new friends!" 

"My name is Andrea Ockey Parr and I"m a former junior high English teacher, an eternal librarian and I currently work in the field of medical laboratory science (I think I just triggered a Nerd Alert somewhere)! But my true  passion is crafting and writing and being artsy. Cards, paper projects and 3D mixed media pieces are my forte and I have a whimsical style in which I love to layer different elements and incorporate stitching, fabric, ephemera, stamped images and anything else I can find. If my cards are too thick to fit into an envelope, I consider it a success! In my family life, I have the most  wonderful parents in the universe who make every failure feel like it isn't one and I have a superhero older brother who taught me to not throw like a girl. I'm married to the man of my dreams who built me a craft room and doesn't think I'm weird for staring at the same piece of paper for two hours straight. I love my life and I love red phone booths and orange juice, probably in that order." 

"Hello, my name is Margie Calenda and I am a wife, mother, grandmother, mother-in-law, friend and die-hard CRAFTER!  I bundle it all together and call it "LIFE".  My days are busy, busy, busy and I never know what I'll be doing from one day to the next, but whenever I have free time, I spend it in my craft room.  I started crafting around 9 years ago, when my oldest daughter was making her wedding plans and I haven't stopped since then.  My passion is card making, but I do enjoy to mix it up every now and then with a layout, home decor project or goodies for my grandchildren's classes.  I am thrilled to be a part of the SOUS Design Team and my hope my is that I will inspire you to get your hands dirty and start creating!"
******
Now .. are you ready for some inspiration? Here we go:

 Hello


Leslie Foley


Nancie Quah

Kim Richardson
Annette Gearside
 Lizzy Crust

We Wish You A Merry Christmas
Jane


 Andrea Ockey Parr
Snapping Monsters


Margie Calenda
Bella Bug Creations

Dream
Erica Ortiz
Mimi's Paper Dreams


Happy Holidays
Becky Litz
Scrap Circus


Was that great or what??? Now, it is your turn! You will have 2 weeks to create your card and upload it with the linking tool. And please, enter as many times as you wish as long as you are using the sketch! 

Before we go, one last detail! We need to announce our Top 3 from the first Card Challenge of November. The winners are:



Sandra

Ladies, please email me at clarkson DOT sandi AT gmail DOT com for your Top 3 badge! 

That's it! Thanks for hanging in there! Hope everyone has a scrap happy day! 


10 comments:

  1. Oh yeahhhhh...... How happy am I to be on this incredibly amazing DT? Happy as a pig in poop! LOL! Hello to my fellow Newbie sisters and FABULOUS job by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and a huge CONGRATS to the Top Three from November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful cards!! I hope we have inspired you to get out your cardstock and create a card! Well done to the top 3 too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous cards, each one so unique! I am inspired to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What beautiful cards! And congratulations to the top three!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELCOME ladies!
    Super excited for the chance to make new friends and to give
    you all even MORE inspiration!
    Can you stand it? =)

    And a very, big congrats to the fab Top 3, ladies, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow everyone ! Those are some amazing cards and such a great sketch to work with..Welcome all of the new design team members and a big congrats to the top 3..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Ladies!! I'm so excited to be here and look forward to getting to know all of you!! :). All so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ive added my card for some more inspiration, hope you like it. BFN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the new designers. Thanks for the amazing inspiration and gorgeous sketch. I had so much fun working with it!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..